Sunday, July 26, 2009

[food: dessert] Hamcakes by eatmorehappy.com

I won a foodie contest over at EatMoreHappy. I took delivery of a dozen HAMCAKES. What is it? Well it's a cupcake re-imagined and re-assembled to look like a miniature hamburger.


Anita C. created these wonderful dessert delights in a mad scientist presentation. Not only did I receive a dozen hamcakes, I also had what resembles french fries and ketchup condiments to complement the hamburger-themed miniature cakes.


I took one of each out and arranged it on a plate so I can pretend I'm eating a "value meal" in a dessert plate. It's that small.


Except that it's dessert I'm eating which makes it more fun if you just ate a real burger and fries combo and then carry on to your dessert portion which looks like what you just ate.

The french fries were like shortbread cookies:


What's fun about it is that it not only was cut properly, it was visually completed with uneven browning to resemble the potato skins.

While the ketchup condiment was actually frosting. So you know how they slather ketchup on your burger and some think it's not enough so they ask for a packet or two of more ketchup. The same idea is presented here. I already have frosting on the hamcakes care of the yellow cheese, green lettuce leaves and red ketchup.

But it's perfect because I want even more frosting on my cakes. So I can dip my hamcakes on the "condiment".

And in case you didn't notice, what hamcake would not be presented on a sesame seed bun, right?

Finally, the "meat patty" was some soft, chewy, chocolate concoction. Here's my burger, I mean hamcakes, split into two.


Thanks again to Anita and her mad skills. How else can a foodie enjoy, but in artistic creations like these. It's difficult, I know, but someone has to eat it.

Enough of this dissecting. It's time to get back to business...of eating, that is.

1 comment:

Thomas said...

Available in every price range and every style, here are three finds that will certainly have you eager to brave some stormy weather.

It's raining, it's pouring ... and it's time to stay dry! There's no better reason to invest in a new pair of rain boots that you will surely be using well into the spring. With an endless array of adorable selections to choose from, it's easy to find a pair that you'll love to wear when the puddles begin to pool in the pathways.

Stay safe with a classic brand in a classic color. rain boot has a delightful, statement making twist, (a knotted buckled belt accent) on a very traditional rain boot style. With the Burberry Wellington Rain Boot, you€™ll be sure to seen sporting this luxurious pair for many rainy seasons to come.